Cannabis Citizens Group Cannabis Ordinance Draft
To find out what’s in our REVISED (7.2.18) ordinance draft, just click a link below.
Plumas residents shared their concerns with us about several provisions in our draft they thought were too restrictive. They spoke. We listened.
Our ordinance draft now allows residents to grow up to six cannabis plants indoors or outdoors when ALL the following conditions are met:
- The plants are not visible from any street.
- For 1 to 3 plants, plants are set back from the premises’ property lines a minimum 25 feet from sides and rear property lines and 35 feet from front property lines.
- For 4 to 6 plants, plants are set back from the premises’ property lines a minimum 50 feet from sides and rear property lines and 70 feet from front property lines.
The cultivation of up to six plants is conducted within a fully enclosed structure conforming to the following standards:
- From sunset to sunrise, light systems shall be shielded, including adequate coverings on windows, to confine light and glare to the interior of the structure.
- All exterior doors shall be lockable.
- Such structure shall be a permitted residential use or accessory structure to a residential use.
- Each structure in which cannabis is cultivated shall be set back at least 10 feet from the side and rear premises’ property lines and 25 feet from the front premises’ property lines.
Medical marijuana delivery. Our REVISED cannabis ordinance draft allows delivery of medical marijuana. If patients can’t grow their own plants or don’t want to, they can have it delivered to them. We revised our position because we fully embrace recreational and medical marijuana rights and want patients to have convenient access to their medicine.
As a reminder, by showing hardship or good cause, residents can apply for waivers for some of the setback restrictions involving outdoor cultivation.